Sunday, January 11, 2009

One of MY Proudest Moments

On Friday I had the privilege of being a part of MY dad being inducted into the Texas High School Baseball Coaches Hall of Fame. It took part in Waco. When he got the phone call in late October to explain that he was being inducted, I was proud, but to see him behind the podium, I was speechless. My father does not like to be the center of attention, but his speech was SO heartfelt. My brother and I both sat there so proud thinking to ourselves, "that is our DAD". Getting inducted into the hall of fame is not something that happens to many people. My dad has been coaching/teaching for 43 years. If anyone deserves this amazing honor it is him. He had so many family members and old players come, it was a true testament of his hard work and dedication and I am proud to have him as MY DAD. I will post pictures later.

1 comment:

Life of Nhem said...

Ahh I didn't mean to make you cry:( It was scary but we're home safe - whew! Paul's story is crazy too - WTF? Yay for your Dad - we were telling some of our baseball fan friends about him just the other day:)