Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Living Life with Two Kids


Last Friday night my parents took McKenna to the movies and we found ourselves not sure what we were going to do with only one child. We decided to head to dinner, it was so easy to only get one ready and in the car. As were we having dinner we noticed that we had sat very close to the ice cream machine, big mistake. Chance had more fun watching others get ice cream rather than eat his dinner. As we were leaving we HAD to get him his first ice cream cone. See pictures below to see how much he enjoyed his treat, he ate every last bite. I don't think I have smiled this much in a long time. The weekend was spent painting the front 2 rooms before the hardwoods are layed next week. Paul has been such a trooper through all of this. I finished McKenna's bathroom yesterday and I did it ALL by myself...It looks cute and she loves it of course, b/c its pink......
Today we went to Willow Bend mall to enjoy their children's week. It was a mommy and McKenna day, and we went with 2 of her friends. The kids got to make their own pizza from California Pizza Kitchen and they got to watch bake it in the oven. It was a fun filled day as we watched the 3 of them walking through the mall hand in hand giggling. I know there will be many more days ahead at the mall, of course those will be the days when I am not so "cool" any more...Oh how I dread that!!! I love to watch McKenna light up b/c she is having so much fun. It is amazing to me that she is about to go to kindergarten. She is such a blessing to us and is a fantastic young lady!!
We went tonight to visit our friends John and Claudia and their new baby. It took me back to the "baby" days and it reminded me of how much I don't miss the sleepless nights. Don't get me wrong I love and adore my children, but oh how I don't miss those days. I am hoping to go see Crystal and her new bundle Emerson on Friday and get my "baby fix". It is SO fun to hold other people's babies and hand them back when they get fussy.......

2 comments:

Leislann said...

We had the same feeling of just having one child last Friday(date night). We just had Kay Kay and it was so much easier. Have you heard the song "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkin? If not, you have to hear it! Each time Rich has to go back to the bedroom at night to answer a call, he says, "I'm gonna miss this." I'm glad to see you all are having a great Summer!

Unknown said...

Your husband must be a saint.