Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What summer and being a "stay at home mommy" is all about!!

Today started out just like the other days do. Chance standing at the side of my bed asking to get up on the bed. I take a quick shower before Paul leaves for the office, then my day begins. After he had his breakfast he awaits his sister waking up, (I can't wait for McKenna to wake up each morning too, b/c I get a small break). After a few minutes of not hearing Chance I listened for his giggles. I went to the bathroom that is being redone to find him standing in a heap of a mess. He had taken out all the toilet paper, turned over the rugs, tucked the shower curtain in the bathtub, all the while thinking he had "helped" me somehow. I think this was about the time I called Crystal to ask her if she wanted a baby...Oh yea, I forgot she is about to have another one, you better watch out Crystal!!
The remainder of the day was spent running errands, cleaning the house, making lunch, cleaning the house, naptime, cleaning the house, and the list goes on and on. We did find a little time to play in the hose outside, which they love to do, of course it is a different story when we have to put it away, little man does not like the fun to end. I guess we all have a little of that in us!!!!
The highlight of MY day was my DEAR friend Tamara coming over for dinner. She is in from California, although she is still a Texan at heart. She brought the kids toys and took a million picutes of them. They call her "Aunty Tamara", even though she isn't their real "aunty" they love her like she is.......
It was wonderful to see her, she looks great and I think Cali is agreeing with her. I miss her already, so maybe one day I can head West to visit her and Jason......
What a day, I wonder what tomorrow will bring??

2 comments:

Leislann said...

Being a "stay at home mom" can be so much fun but exhausting all at one time. People have told me to enjoy all this craziness now and the loudness because we will miss it someday. Love the bathroom story. We find toilet paper strung through our house quite often these days. Reading your blog makes me miss my McKenna!

BethHubbard said...

I love the picture of Chance in the hose!! SO cute!