Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Summer Projects


It's not enough that I get the summer "off", whoever came up with that term doesn't have 2 small children and projects around the house to always work on. I (or should I say Paul) finished the downstairs bathroom. We didn't just "paint" the walls, I also needed all new accessories to finish it all up. I have taken down the wallpaper in McKenna's vanity upstairs, and I hope to make that MY project and not drag Paul in to it. To top it all off Paul wants hardwood floors all downstairs, not only did he "talk" of getting them, he ordered them today...I am SO excited! My project list just got longer. I now want to paint the dining room and front room (aka, the kids playroom) before the hardwood is layed. That gives me about 2 weeks to do it, that's enough time right? Well one might think so, but my painting has to take place while Chance is sleeping, unless I can talk my mom in to watching him and McKenna for the day. So my "summer off" is turning out to be the exact opposite. In the end my home is going to look just like new, that is until the next project comes along!!!

3 comments:

Leislann said...

Your house is going to be so beautiful(not that it wasn't already!)! I can't wait to see the finished product. I love doing projects, it makes everything feel like new again. Glad to see you are getting plenty of rest this Summer(Ha Ha!).

BethHubbard said...

Love the picture of the new bathroom! So cute. When are you having us over for Paul to play bartender again and yummy dip????

Lisa said...

I LOVE the color of the bathroom. The texturing is GORGEOUS! I hope we can all get together before we move.